Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHEN IS ONSITE REGISTRATION OPEN?
Once online registration closes on Nov. 18, plan to visit the registration desk on the first floor to register onsite. Registration desk hours:
- Monday, Nov. 28 from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29 from 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 1 from 6:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
WHAT IS EXPO LIVE?
Expo Live is a new experience within the Expo Hall. A select number of ARA member exhibitors will take the stage for a dynamic presentation on the latest innovations in agriculture. View the schedule of Expo Live presentations HERE.
HOW DO I CLAIM CEUs?
Attendees may claim up to 9.5 CEUs for attending sessions. Find the CEU sign up sheet at the back of the room for the sessions available for credit.
WILL TRANSPORTATION BE PROVIDED FOR SPECIAL EVENTS LIKE THE GOLF TOURNAMENT, HARBOR CRUISE, TROLLY TOUR, AUCTION, and USS MIDWAY TOUR?
Yes, ARA will provide bus transportation at each of the special events, except for the Post-Conference Midway Tour, which is walkable. See below for meet-up information:
- ARA Invitational Golf Tournament: Meet in the Kettner lobby of the hotel at 5:45 a.m. to board a shuttle.
- Harbor Cruise: Meet in the Kettner lobby of the hotel at 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday to board a shuttle.
- Trolley Tour: Meet in the Kettner lobby of the hotel at 9:15 a.m. on Wednesday to board a shuttle.
- ARA Dinner & Auction: Meet in the Kettner lobby of the hotel at 6:15 p.m. or 6:45 p.m. to board a shuttle.
- Post-Conference USS Midway Tour: Meet in the Kettner lobby of the hotel at 1:15 p.m. to depart by foot.
HOW CAN I BUY TICKETS FOR THE ARA DINNER & AUCTION?
Click HERE to buy tickets for the ARA Dinner & Auction to benefit ARAPAC. Be sure to exchange your ticket for a wristband at the Registration desk any time Wednesday. Note: Tickets must be purchased by U.S. citizens separately from the ARA Conference & Expo, and must be made with personal funds to remain in compliance with federal regulations.
CAN I BID ON AUCTION ITEMS WITHOUT ATTENDING THE AUCTION?
Yes! CLICK HERE to view silent auction item and place your bid!
WHAT IS THE ARAPAC
The Agricultural Retailers Association Political Action Committee (ARAPAC) is the political arm of the Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) and is a powerful tool in representing the agricultural retailer industry on the federal level. Funds from ARAPAC contributions allow ARA staff and members to attend political events and financially support members of Congress running for office that support our industry. A strong PAC is essential to influencing public policy and advocating for the agricultural retailers and distributors who work to produce the nation’s food, feed, fiber, and fuel.
WILL CONFERENCE SESSIONS BE RECORDED?
The main events of the ARA Conference will be recorded for post-event viewing to ARA members only. This will not be a hybrid event.
HOW DO I REQUEST SIDE MEETING SPACE?
ARA has a limited amount of space available for side meetings. Meeting space is complimentary for Diamond (one full day) and Platinum sponsors (one half day). If space remains, it will be allocated to Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsors at a rate of $400 for a half day, and $750 for a full day. The costs of food & beverage, audio/visual expenses and other direct costs of any side meeting are the responsibility of the host company. If you would like to request side meeting space, please do here by Nov 1, 2022.
HOW DO I ADD GOLF TO A REGISTRATION?
The ARA Invitational Golf Tournament at Torrey Pines has sold out. To rent clubs from the Golf Shop at Torrey Pines, follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
WHERE SHOULD I BOOK MY HOTEL ROOM?
All conference events will take place at the host hotel, unless otherwise noted on the agenda. The host hotel is the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, located at 1 Market Place, San Diego, CA 92101. Please make your reservation now as rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
Note: ARA does not use a third-party vendor to reserve rooms. Please only use the link provided or call 619-232-1234 to reserve accommodations to receive the ARA discounted rate.
IS THE CONFERENCE ONLY FOR ARA MEMBERS?
Anyone passionate about American agriculture and the agricultural retail industry is welcome to attend the event, which will also mark a 30-year anniversary for the association. However, only ARA members get the best rate to attend!
I’M NOT AN ARA MEMBER YET. HOW CAN I JOIN ARA?
Joining ARA gives your company access to member services, reduced rates to attend Professional Development Pathway programs, and a front row seat to the advocacy action in Washington as it benefits ag retailers. See below for the ARA member application online form that best fits your company:
- Ag retailer (Independent and cooperative agricultural retailers, distributors and wholesalers offering crop production inputs, crop protection tools, equipment, technology and services to farmers and ranchers.) JOIN NOW
- Supplier (Crop Protection / Seed Companies, Fertilizer Manufacturers / Distributors, Equipment Manufacturers, Technology & Service Providers) JOIN NOW
- Affiliate (Service providers, government and university employees, consultants and other individuals or companies that support ARA’s mission.) JOIN NOW
WHO IS ARA?
The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) advocates, influences, educates and provides services to support its members in maintaining a profitable business environment, adapting to a changing world and preserving their freedom to operate.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
ARA will only refund registration fees if the registration is canceled before Nov. 1, 2022. After that date, unfortunately, we are not able to refund any registration fees. We apologize for any inconvenience.